Subtle changes in your hearing can be difficult to detect because of how gradually hearing loss typically progresses. Although children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t neglect a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you keep an eye on the health of your hearing?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing examined regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be exposed by day-to-day situations. Do you regularly need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a hard time hearing in loud settings? Are you frequently turning the volume on your TV up? If you answered “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing assessment.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing exam every decade and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more important to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing examinations give a frame of reference for future hearing examination comparisons, allowing you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can detect issues early on, such as earwax accumulation or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for prompt intervention and preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Inherent medical conditions, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be revealed by hearing loss. Addressing these conditions might improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Staying alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully participate in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can enhance your total quality of life.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or the voice of a loved one.
Schedule a hearing test with us right away to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.